Monday, July 26, 2010

new beginnings

Hi friends.

If you look back, you'll notice that I was becoming a good little blogger. If there is something that I love to do, it is scouring through amazing event decor and sharing my finds.

The idea of truly starting my own event company started last October. I had a logo designed by the amazing Jessie Rau of Jessabelle Rau Artworks & started writing a business plan. I also snagged my first client, who just happened to be Mrs. Rau herself (her wedding on July 17th was truly beautiful).

However, I was employed full time in a law firm & I didn't think that I would ever make Meghan Swanlund Events more than just a part time gig. But then in June, I lost my job at the firm and quickly had to make a decision about my life & the direction it was taking. We have a brand new home & I recently purchased my first "grown up" car. I either needed to find a job in a field that I wasn't keen on ... or I would need to take something that I love and am passionate about & take it to the next step.

So here we are. Meghan Swanlund Event Design & Management is officially a full-time career.

Right now I am gathering images from events that I have been working on, including a Masquerade Ball, the marriage of two beautiful people & a 4th of July Soiree. I invite you to frequent this blog. I have ideas, inspirations & beautiful events to share with you.

& if you or someone you know is planning a wedding, a fundraiser, a corporate gathering or a special event of any sort, I will thrive off of your referrals.


No comments:

Post a Comment